Thursday, March 10, 2011

So Much To Learn...

I embarked on a journey to learn the world of Ayurveda in September 2010 - a one-year program for now and potentially a Masters of Art at the end of three years. I was so excited for my first class...I spent an afternoon in the aisles of Office Depot buying school supplies. I got up at 6:00am on my first day of class...a Saturday morning... I showed up inspired and left ten hours later feeling disgruntled. How could this be?!

Lesson #1 - I'm not going to agree with everything about Ayurveda, even if it's been around for 5,000 years. And, that's okay. This is a philosophy and a direction that needs to take into account the society/environment in which it is practiced.

1 comment:

  1. You've taken on an ambitious project, to say the least!

    I've no doubt that, armed with your perseverance, your determination along with the newly-learned Ayurveda basics, you'll see your way through to clarity and success in this field...
    This is "tailor-made" for you!

    I will follow your progress with great interest, good days and not-so-good ones, as you work toward your goal.


    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I AM IMPRESSED!!!
    ( but then again, I'm only your mom...)

    ReplyDelete